Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
226 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 226

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1940-110 Shifter Selector Removal
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Joe
See User information
Does anyone have any experience removing the pin in the column's shifter selector (under the shifting levers). There is a pin holding the selector to the column shaft but the pin moves up and down slightly. I'm wondering why there is movement? Doesn't seem like a normal pin. I hit it a few times gently with a punch from each direction but no luck yet. Just want to make sure it isn't spring loaded or something weird before I really hit it. Does anyone have any experience with removing it?

Thanks
Joe

Attach file:

jpg  shifter.jpg (251.78 KB)
226160_64a0dddcde71e.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2023/7/1 21:16
 Top  Print   

Re: 1940-110 Shifter Selector Removal
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
I posted some pictures and commentary on Page 2 starting at Post #15 of the Duchess Project that may help.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=10&topic_id=5878&order=ASC&status=&mode=0

Posted on: 2023/7/2 6:24
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Joe
See User information
Quote:

Joe Santana wrote:
I posted some pictures and commentary on Page 2 starting at Post #15 of the Duchess Project that may help.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=10&topic_id=5878&order=ASC&status=&mode=0

Thanks Joe, quite a job you took on there! So it doesn't look like the pin was anything unusual for you? I'm able to push it in and out a little with just the pressure of my finger. It moves back and forth from either side so I don't think it's tapered. Did you just drive it out?

Posted on: 2023/7/2 9:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
If that's the case, then it is simply held in my the fact that it is retain inside the arm housings so it wouldn't hurt to try a light tap.

Posted on: 2023/7/2 11:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
I see an awl in the photo, so i think I tapped it out with that. Maybe i used some WD40 ir Blaster first. I dont remember doing anything special or overt. But then I declare victory if I dont break anything in an attempt to fix something.

Posted on: 2023/7/2 16:00
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved