Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
219 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 218

Darrin180, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Car hauling
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

58survivor
See User information
I've towed a few other makes/models ranging 3000-3500 pounds and about 110" wheelbase using my personal F150 and a rented Uhaul. No issues getting the rental after satisfying them that the tow vehicle is substantial enough to handle the load. As noted by others, inspect it well before leaving their facility as some of them are well worn. Also, if you have any, take your own trailer hitch adapters to accommodate higher/lower tongue mating between your vehicle and the trailer. Finding out you have too great a height difference at the rental site requires you to buy a costly hitch adapter (ask me how I know).

Posted on: 2023/7/7 19:55
Joe L
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I tried to rent a U-Haul for something in the vicinity of my Oregon shop but it was rejected, not for what I was towing but for what I was towing it with. They had issues with the older Ford Explorer.

Posted on: 2023/7/7 23:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
I have used Uhaul trailer to move cars and pickups with my Tahoe, ford F250 diesel and Lincoln pickup with no problems.All the vehicles I used had factory tow packages. I like the folding fender which allows opening of car door. One I preordered from home and pickup up in New jersey for one way use. As I recall there were a sign on trailer that would be seen thru rear view mirror warning of maximum speed for towing. I assume most people renting trailer are not experienced. If you were using trailer a lot probably better to own your own or borrow from friend. Tires would be my first concern

Posted on: 2023/7/8 11:15
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved