Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
225 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 225

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 48 Overdrive Solenoid
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Kind offer Kev--not sure I could do much without getting too long winded though but will give it some thought.

Is OmniGraffle the SW you use to make those neat wiring diagrams with picture like symbols --like the one you made for the fog lights a few days ago?

Posted on: 2009/4/17 22:24
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Howard,

Yes, OmniGraffle is a Mac program similar to Microsoft Visio.

I drew all the switch and relay shapes in that program, and then saved them as stencils so future diagrams would be easier to make. So now I have a small library of stencils with all the various shapes. All long as I have a picture of the various OD components, I can draw those also.

If anyone is interested, I can make those OmniGraffle Stencils available.

Stencils make it easy for future diagrams as all you have to do is drag the stencil onto your OmniGraffle drawing, and then "wire" it up!

Posted on: 2009/4/17 22:46
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Brian Lesemann
See User information
Thanks again,

The "ecodrive manual" and "wiring diagram" links have been extremely helpful. I plan on getting to it first thing in the morning. I will let you know how it goes.

Brian

Posted on: 2009/4/18 0:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Kevin,

I would love to have access to your stencils. Have you gone to graffletopia.com? Good collections of stencils.

Now, back to solenoids!

Tom

Posted on: 2009/4/18 10:02
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Brian Lesemann
See User information
Due to the links given to me, both the wiring diagram and the overdrive manual, I was able to understand how this R-9 unit works. Because of them I realized the need for and how to test every switch. I found the switch next to the steer column was not fully functional. It had gummed up over the years and the contacts not working. So I cleaned it up, tested it, reinstalled it and took it out for a drive. SUCCESS!
I have been trying to get this thing to work for 2 years now. It was very gratifying to hear the RPM's dropped as I let off of the accelerator pedal! Also, it was not longer "free wheeling." Interestingly there was no "pop" when it engaged, rather it was very quiet. Thank guys, this was a truly rewarding experience!

Posted on: 2009/4/18 12:20
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved