Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
229 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 229

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: Packards on www.bringatrailer.com
Home away from home
Home away from home

moodydavid16
See User information
Quote:

TxGoat wrote:
Vinyl is just wrong in most cars prior to about 1950. It was widely used in cars from about 1953 onward. Cars of the 50's literally reeked of vinyl. It's a serviceable material and will do no harm in older cars, but it can affect the value if the car is sold. An exception might be a pickup truck of the '30s and 40s. I'd be happy to buy a 30's Packard coupe with a vinyl interior, but I'd want to pay less for it than for a comparable car with the correct type interior. The coupe has a radio, which is a substantial plus.

Ok that is pretty much what I thought, thanks for the explanation!

Posted on: 2023/11/29 11:05

Checkup on your friends.

1948 Super Eight Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
The 1937 115C Business Coupe just sold for $23,500. I think this is a fairly respectable price for this car but wonder what it would have brought with an original wool broadcloth interior. Still, a decent result for a very nice prewar junior Packard.

Posted on: 11/30 16:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
I'd guess 37 to 39 K with correct interior, maybe 40-45+ K if two people were fighting over it.
Money is a depreciating asset today. That car probably isn't, provided it's kept out of the weather and not monkeyed-up.

Posted on: 11/30 17:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Two new Packards on BringaTrailer. both full CCCA classics:

1929 626 Sedan. Very well restored example. Looks sharp in burgundy body with black fenders. Current bid only $8,100:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1929-packard-body-model-6-26-type-333/

1928 443 Phaeton. Outstanding well preserved original car. Has rare wire wheel option. Odometer shows 36K miles. Car was once part of the John Mozart collection. Reportedly sold at a Gooding auction earlier this year for $78K (including buyers fees and commissions). Current bid at just over $44K.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1928-packard-custom-8-convertible/

Posted on: 12/24 11:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I agree with you regarding vinyl for broadcloth, but flexible vinyl was invented in, I believe, 1928. It was in commercial use well before the mid fifties. Vinyl when leather was the original deserves a big demerit, but Packard was using it in some applications by the 22nd series if not sooner so beware of being too broad

Posted on: 12/24 15:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
I have archeological remnants of the black seat and door panel from my car's original interior. The seat was leather (3-3.5 oz. drum dyed top grain) but the door panel is jersey backed vinyl. I have them hanging on my garage wall as trophies to her heritage!
Bob J.

Posted on: 12/24 18:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Update on the last two Packards offered on BringATrailer. The 1929 626 Sedan was a no sale at the top bid of $30,500. The 1928 443 Phaeton sold for $90K.

Posted on: 12/28 19:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
1950 Standard 8 sedan now selling at no reserve. Clean, solid original car. Looks like an older repaint in a period correct grey color (Lowell Grey Metallic, Scheme A). Biggest drawback is the interior, especially the front seat. Substantial wear on the driver's side front seat area with the padding showing through the areas of wear. Paint has visible scratching and chipping but looks presentable overall.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1950-packard-eight-4/

Posted on: 1/17 14:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
LaFerrierre Classic Cars has a 443 convertible coupe for sale. The price is "inquire" but I think it said $98.5K yesterday.

Posted on: 1/17 15:18
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Here is the 1928 443 Convertible Coupe from Tom Laferriere's website. Beautiful car, but think it might be priced a bit too high:

https://www.tomlaferriere.com/listings/1928-packard-443-convertible-coupe/

Posted on: 1/17 15:55
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved