Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
142 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 141

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: New to Packards
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Looks promising. Is the missing piece of grill in back seat as well? Numbers would be nice if you can get them.

Attach file:

jpg  (34.44 KB)
209_49ee0bab80993.jpg 823X291 px

Posted on: 2009/4/21 13:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
Thanks! There is not a hole or dent in the body. Paint is peeling near rear window and on lower rear corners of hood but it's not cancerous or bubbling. appears to be only on surface. The tranny in front of car goes to something else. It runs on a jumper box and shuts off when unhooked. Battery is toast. Has hard pedal. That could be good or possibly stuck brakes.

Attach file:

jpg  (138.85 KB)
1470_49ef80b193890.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/4/21 13:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Just noticed the car appears to have the accessory front bumper guards. Don't know how common those were but at quick glance, there are not too many in the photo archives.

Attach file:

jpg  (7.97 KB)
209_49ee0e0f3aa02.jpg 305X214 px

Posted on: 2009/4/21 13:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
Just noticed the car appears to have the accessory front bumper guards. Don't know how common those were but at quick glance, there are not too many in the photo archives.

Thanks. I've only seen these on the higher models in the photos that I've checked. That was throwing off the I.D.
I'll have to get those numbers off of it next week when I get more time. I didn't see the missing pieces in the car, but I wasn't really looking for them as I didn't notice them missing at first.

Attach file:

jpg  (109.72 KB)
1470_49ef810690ea8.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (137.04 KB)
1470_49ef811f23c27.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/4/21 15:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Car looks great, looks like $3k to me (course I'm laid off so everything looks expensive, even milk). Look at the rear door sill by the back seat, and the frame underneath, common places for rust and mice damage.

I fixed my own door panel, it looks okay, I'm not a professional but it is better (I'm not going for a 'points' car). I found a wool cloth at a local fabric store that was very close. Do a search on this site, there is a couple of threads on repairing door panels, to include using velcro for easy installation/ removal, and different materials to replace the "cardboard".

Posted on: 2009/4/21 21:02
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
The Eight Deluxe uses a striped wool. The Eight uses a houndstooth pattern. The door panels use plain cloth for both, with a vinyl lower band (I can probably dig up a modern equivalent for the vinyl). The Eight Deluxe has stainless on the inside door garnish moldings.

The accessory bumper guards were available for all models, and for front and rear. They are easily confused with the more common Chrysler ones of the same era. They clamp over the standard small guards.

Posted on: 2009/4/22 7:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
I'm going to buy it! I put a deposit on it today and will get it delivered next week. I don't trust the brakes and it will need a new wire harness for the engine compartment. Most of the wires are badly cracked. The missing grill pieces and air cleaner are in the trunk. I also put the hood on properly.
The data plate under the hood reads- 2262 32674. Paint and trim code areas are blank, never stamped. Also, I got quite a few pics.

Attach file:

jpg  (177.25 KB)
1470_49ef7e6e5c71e.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/4/22 15:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Glad to hear it, and here's wishing you many happy miles and hours with it, and a host of new enjoyable ways to spend your time and $.

If you're willing, I'd like the thief-proof number (large embossed number on the firewall) and the Briggs body number (small tag near the heater box).

Thanks.

Posted on: 2009/4/22 15:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
Quote:

If you're willing, I'd like the thief-proof number (large embossed number on the firewall) and the Briggs body number (small tag near the heater box).

Thanks.

Remind me next week when I get it here.

Attach file:

jpg  (146.86 KB)
1470_49ef81edd4019.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (125.99 KB)
1470_49ef82076c278.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/4/22 15:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Car looks great! Start a project blog and get these 'before' pictures entered so you have a good idea on the progress you have made in the next few weeks/months/years/decades; welcome to the Packard family.

I wish my car looked as good as yours does from the start. The dash and the seats are great, and only a couple of cracks on the steering wheel. Pretty good for 61 years.

Based on the body number 2262 here's some model info:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/modelinfo/viewmodel.php?model=79

Looks like you have a battery charger hooked up; do you know the quality of the gasoline? It's easy to siphon out the old and put in new.

Posted on: 2009/4/22 16:50
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved