Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
161 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 160

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Motor Trend & Hot Rod
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
but now i prefer Ol skool rods, car kulture delux, or rod and kulture. these three mags suit me best

Sounds like we have the same library!

Posted on: 2009/5/1 8:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Loyd Smith
See User information
Old, contrary guy comment: "Hemmings Classic Car," and the magazine that comes with my PI membership are the only two automotive mags that I even bother to read anymore. Used to read Motor Trend, Car & Driver, glance through Hot Rod when I found it someplace but has been, literally, years since I found anything in one of them that even remotely interested me. The irrelevance of most subjects that the general population finds, "of interest," for the short attention span that they seem capable of and the speed with with they forget whatever it was they were paying attention to seems pretty indicative of the modern quality of life, products that we are forced to buy and state of the world in general, today.

It's pretty much ALL mediocre, petty, extremely short-sighted and irrelevant to anyone old enough to recall a period in time when the general public could still differentiate betwixt fantasy and reality.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 8:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
I think we do eric! you know what they say about great minds........ lo

Posted on: 2009/5/1 20:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike T
See User information
Old Skool Rodz and Car Kulture Deluxe are both a blast to look through. I pick up issues now and then. You always find something very interesting in each one.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 20:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I just like looking at the tattooed hotties....

Posted on: 2009/5/1 21:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Loyd: If the Hemmings and the PI mag are the only thing that interest you when it comes to concerning the automotive
world, maybe time has passed you by.

I no longer get Motor Trend or other auto publications because of the instant information that the internet provides when it comes to current automotive news. I remember when I was kid and the automotive scene then and how excited I would get. However I think I get more excited today with the automotive scene and what is happening than when I was a kid. With engineering advances taking place today in the automotive world this is truly the golden age of the automobile.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/5/1 21:21
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Quote:

mtpackard51 wrote:
Old Skool Rodz and Car Kulture Deluxe are both a blast to look through. I pick up issues now and then. You always find something very interesting in each one.

I actually enjoy those also. Nice to see car mags written from a non-corporate point of view.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 21:29
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
built . not bought. by real car guys! that's why i like them. and the hotties! lol

Posted on: 2009/5/8 20:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

MT & HR: I lost interest in MT by the late '70's. MT along with and especially Road & Track, Car & Driver, Automobile irritated me with their relentless praise of whatever the next pricey model foreign makers bestowed on the fortune few who could afford one, implying those who couldn't should just....well, try to live out their miserable lives somehow.

I recall a particular subscription mailer for Automobile that headed the pitch "NO BORING CARS!". Their snotty, better-than-thou attitude came across loud and clear to me. Of course, I like lots of old cars they consider "boring".

HR never was of interest to me, I look at them when one comes my way, rarely find much of interests in it.

Currently, I find the most intelligent, interesting reading in the club publication: PAC, CCCA, SDC, ASC. In addition to the finely researched and well-written articles, letters from the club memberships share and enlarge on recent topics.

For a good general interest old car magazine, Hemmings Classic Car is hard to beat for the price. Wide variety, fairly well-written, interesting how-to and restoration features, thoughtful editorials, nice photography. And a gift subscription to a neighbor gets my driveway plowed after any heavy snow we might have!

Of Hemmings Motor News: after 30 plus years of subscribing and eagerly consuming each new issue, they lost me. A few years ago, I began to notice most of the content repeated month after month, it no longer seemed worth the price to reread the same advertisements I wasn't interested in in the first place. Also I became put-off by the idiotic prices for some very lousy cars (one's I remember as a teenager, I'm 57, so most of that HP ruck of 40 years ago)

One last: Old Cars Weekly, when I can get it for their 'special' deal price of $29.95. It gives me a weekly fix to read off-line, share with other guys, but it's no keeper, an old car 'fishwrapper'.

Steve

Posted on: 2009/5/9 8:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
steve is right on several points, i think. most of the main-stream mags have been crap for years. i to believe, that club issues are now some of the better reads. however i do believe that there are still some good mags like my fav three.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 21:29
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved