Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
189 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 189

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 56 Pat Spark Plugs/points
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
the AL 56 and 57 are the same plug EXCEPT that one is resistor and the other is not. Check an AL book to determine which is which. IIRC the 56 is resistor and the 57 is NONresistor.

Posted on: 2009/10/22 23:05
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bowman Davis
See User information
JW, I didn't mention it in my other note but, I found (1) AC R45 XLS Plug in one of the old empty boxxes for the Auto lite 57 plugs. It was used but no apparent wear at the electrode, in fact it looked new except it was slightly carboned up. I guess he kept it for future reference after swapping to a different plug.

PackardV8, Thanks for the info.

randy berger, Thanks again, very helpful as usual.

Posted on: 2009/10/23 19:33
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I am using AC-45's on my '54 327. The are the green-ring ones. I guess they are designated for agricultural equipment use now. i bought an entire box of eight of them off of ebay. I think the late 60's Camaros used the same plug also.

So if you cant find the right non-resistor plug at your local parts store, then try the local tractor supply store. They may have it there.

Posted on: 2009/10/23 23:04
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bowman Davis
See User information
BigKev, Thanks FTI. Sad but true,it is a bit harder to select the right replacement plugs since they have changed the way to identify the characteristics of not only plugs but many other items.

Posted on: 2009/10/24 11:16
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved