Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 215

BigKev, Guscha, pack36997, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: driving law
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
to be a bit politically incorrect, restricting shoulder "exposure" to safety-related incidents by excluding revenue collection might help .....

Posted on: 2010/3/5 10:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
that would be nice...

Posted on: 2010/3/5 20:09
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
NYC Metro area population = 12 million
Philly Metro area population = 2 million
Been on the Deegan, LIE or BQE anytime in the last 10 years?
The Schukill etc isn't even close.
The only place I've been almost as bad is DC.

Posted on: 2010/3/5 20:22
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Try the Los Angeles 91 fwy or 405 fwy on during Friday night rush-hour (or just about any freeway in the LA metro area). Probably the worst traffic in country. NYC area still has a huge percentage of people that take public transportation, plus it has a centralized population.

LA is a different beast. No one really lives in LA (like they do Manhattan). There are only pockets of localized public transportation available. The is the reason why Southern Calif is the largest car market in US. Everyone has to drive to get anywhere. Rush-hour starts at 4am and ends about 9pm!

Dont get me wrong, I have driven all over country, and extensively in NYC metro area. So it is for sure a close 2nd. Mainly because the roads are not getting any wider there and the bridges and tunnels are choke points.

Posted on: 2010/3/5 20:41
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Here's the part i don't understand. Until about 5 years ago i could get out on I-40 just 30 miles out of Nashville on either side and mostly drive anyway i wanted to. Even cut across a field one time from a country road to enter the I-40. Among other grossly illegal things to do on an interstate hiway. Rarely if ever saw a cop.
BUT NOW it's like 4th of July weekend traffic everyday every hour from 7am to 6 or 7 pm at nite. SWARMING with cops and traffic mostly moving at 70 -80 mph.

I just don't understand it.

Posted on: 2010/3/5 23:32
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Two words..... Urban Sprawl.

It's what happens when they build 50,000 new houses in the suburbs and never build new highways or improve the existing ones.

Posted on: 2010/3/5 23:35
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved