Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
248 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 246

JWL, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Offenhauser Packard Trans Adapter
Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
ok here's the deal Jack, i absolutely know nothing about ford flathead v/8 trannys. all i know is that the Greendragon has one of the "offy" adaptors for a flat head ford v/8 bolted to it, that has the tranny from a flat head ford v/8 powered 47 ford school bus bolted to the back of it!

i did not catch the fact that you were talking about the "ford" built 3spd car tranny. if i had, i wouldn't have taken any offense! i just would have said "early ford TRUCK trannys will live though"

And i agree, It IS the BIGGEST PITA to shift that i have ever driven! How mine uncle(s) managed to drag race it successfuly, is beyond me!

And BTW, thanks for tell'n us it's a t9 b/w. i'd have never known!

Posted on: 2010/3/11 23:41
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ryan Messner
See User information
Green Dragon You wouldnt have any pics of your set up that you could share would you? Are you using the packard lower cover and starter? Anyother adapters besides the offy plate and pilot bushing? Did you use the ford fork, throwout bearing, pressure plate and clutch on a packard flywheel?

Posted on: 2010/3/16 15:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
I will see if i can get pics next time i get the Dragon out.
when my uncle built the dragon he used the packard flywheel, the offy adaptor and the ford bellhousing/clutch arm. it uses a chevy clutch disc, with a borg & beck pressure plate. ford throw out bearing. and yes the packard lower housing and starter are used. all the clutch pedal and linkage is 51-54 pieces that were modified to fit. it looks kinda rough as all he had to work with was a cutting torch and a welder. but it works great!.

Posted on: 2010/3/17 17:46
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Wow if there was a Chrysler part in there you would have had all the bases covered!

Posted on: 2010/3/17 19:27
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Quote:
Wow if there was a Chrysler part in there you would have had all the bases covered!

Nah! Building in that era, he'd need Kaiser, Willys, International and AMC to even get close to having them all. thnx, jack vines

Posted on: 2010/3/17 20:27
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved