Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
238 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 237

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Al Capone's 34?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
Seller claims Capone bought the car after being released from jail. I guess a picture of Capone with the car would be one way to prove the ownership....

Posted on: 2010/5/10 0:30
-

( o\|||/o )

1936 Packard 120 4 Door Touring

Packard Registry Link
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
"Seller claims Capone bought the car after being released from jail. I guess a picture of Capone with the car would be one way to prove the ownership...."

This could explain his deviation from Caddy. By the time he was released from jail his brain was already rotted from syphillis.

Posted on: 2010/5/10 6:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
As time passes longer and longer many of these historical ambiance claims and famous associations end to become like the Mona-Lisa painting. Lets see, there is only about 8 original Mona Lisas floating around in various private collections.

Unless one has significant hand-me-down information about such historical associations then such claims are always difficult to prove or verify.

Posted on: 2010/5/10 7:24
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mathew Rattray
See User information
Whether Capone owned it or not its still alot of $$$ for a packard 8. Personally to spend that much on a car I'd rather a 34 v-12

Posted on: 2010/5/10 7:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
6 or 7 years ago there was a rather long thread on the Starkweather 56 Patrician. Another infamous car.

Posted on: 2010/5/10 7:40
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Beebesmotors
See User information
Hi

Ok here is the deal with this car. the family bought it well capone was in prison. and had the car when he was released in 1939 and from 1939 to his death on jan 25 1947 he and his family used this car. GUARANTEED We have tons of documentation we would take much less than the $700K but we are open to offers but we would not take no less than $500k for this car. we also have many celbrity cars another high dollar one is Personally owned Elvis Presley Cadillac fleetwood Limo that is also on ebay. GUARANTEED and many other movie and celbrity cars taht is fully documented

thanks

Posted on: 2010/5/11 7:55
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Roman
See User information
What also doesn't make sense is...if Capones family bought it...and used it; they probably would have gotten something newer when we got out. I'm sure Capone wouldn't have wanted to be driven in or driving a car that was that old at that time. But, even if he was a Cadillac man...he might have driven other makes of cars to throw off the people watching him (?).

Roman
(Btw; I'm a ''Packard man'' but I drive a 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood! Lol)

Posted on: 2010/5/11 12:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
First of all, welcome to our forum!!! We are happy to have you join us.

If you can give us a bit of history... how long have you had this Packard? How many owners since Capone? What was the unquestionable proof for you when you purchased the car that it was Capone's car?

As you can imagine folks are going to be a bit skepital when someone says their Packard was Capone's.

I think all of the forum members will treat you with the utmost respect if you come across the same way. I am sure no one will type in huge red letters as that may be construed as not being polite ;)

I think if you take the time to unravel a bit of the history and documentation on your car it can only help the value.... might even be a buyer around here!!! Ya never know!!!

Once again, thank you for becoming a part of the Packard Info fourm!!!

Posted on: 2010/5/11 13:52
-

( o\|||/o )

Packard Registry Link
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
Here is a '34 12 on ebay for a lot less $$$...I guess you coud say it was Al Capone's....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290433908802&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Posted on: 2010/5/11 20:17
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
BeeBesMotors...

Do you care to elaborate on some of the documentation that this was one of Capone's cars? How many owners since 1947? Any pictures of Capone and this car? What kind of paperwork is there?

Is the car unrestored or an older restoration? The Ebay listing says the car "was donated by his family in the Spring of 1988". Donated to where?

You do mention on the listing that the car was titled to Roy Acuff. From a cusory search on Wiki I can find a 'Roy Acuff' that was a singer... ???

Perhaps you should fill in the blanks on A. Who Roy Acuff was B. His association with Al Capone and C. How it being titled to Roy Acuff makes it Al Capone's car...

If the Roy Acuff mentioned in the listing is indeed the singer not sure how that helps the provenance of this car.

Posted on: 2010/5/13 2:00
-

( o\|||/o )

Packard Registry Link
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved