Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
182 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 180

BigKev, bkazmer, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 733 brakes locking on
Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
Big Ed,

I've attached some detailed information on the Perrot brake system that should help.

On patent 1613768 look at item #14, you will see a small clip that retains the spring and dust cover. Remove this clip and you can disassemble the system further.

Regards,

Dave

Attach file:

pdf Size: 380.09 KB; Hits: 45

Posted on: 2010/6/27 7:41
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Big Ed
See User information
Thanks Jim Wayman
The info. is greatly appreciated and matches my description.
I'm missing the brass cover on both sides. The smaller cups with the flange,springs and retainer clips are ok. When I take the clip and spring out, the hole in the flange of the cover seems to be to small to come back over the flange of the shaft. That's what I'm confused about.I'm thinking the dust covers,spring and clip should all slide back towards the frame off the shaft, then the rest of the unit can slide out of the Perrot housing towards the drake drum , then the pin could be removed and the unit disassembled.
Am I explaining this ok, it sounds a little confusion?
Thank Ed

Posted on: 2010/6/28 13:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
Here is a rough drawing of the shaft and small cup. The cup should come off toward the center of the car.

Jim Wayman
640 Phaeton

Posted on: 2010/6/28 14:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
Picture did not attach. Had to change from a tif to a pdf.

Jim Wayman
640 Phaeton

Attach file:

pdf Size: 28.51 KB; Hits: 34

Posted on: 2010/6/28 14:36
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Big Ed
See User information
Thanks Dave
I copied all the information you send and I'll study it over the next few days.Just looking at it quickly it does'nt seem to match mine,it looks like there is a grease cap?
Again thanks for the info. ED

Posted on: 2010/6/28 14:41
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Big Ed
See User information
Good picture Jim
Mine looks the same ,except I think some how the spring seat has gotten bend, slipped in behind the flange of the shaft and can't slide back now. Now that I see your picture I know what I have to do , just was'nt sure.
First I'm going to put the body back on the chassis and see if that corrects my problem, as there does'nt seem to be much wear on the Perrot unit. I'm hoping the wieght of the body will line things up. I'll let you all know how I make out, but it will be a while.
Thanks very much Ed

Posted on: 2010/6/28 15:22
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved