Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
189 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 188

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

How to Purchase a Modern Classic
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
I listened to Motor Trend on the radio today while spending a couple of hours at the animal shelter today.

On the program they interviewed the head person for Bugatti in the USA. He went onto describe you go about purchasing a Veyron Your pay $450,000 up front to get an a waiting list that is 10 to 12 months long. Then when you are notified that the factory is ready to build your Veyron you pay another $450,000 and visit the factory and consult them on the finer things of how you would like the Veyron equipped. To get the Veyron you pay the remaining cost of the car and drive away with it.

John S

Posted on: 2010/8/7 20:03
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Re: How to Purchase a Modern Classic
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Gizmolannigan
See User information
I can only assume that they wait until your well out of hearing distance before they laugh.

Gizmo

Posted on: 2010/8/7 20:28
For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
Luke 14:28

Same for restoring cars too...
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There was a show on the car that I believe was in the series called Ultimate Factories showing the state of the art facility and how the car was constructed. A fine car to be sure with all cutting edge and hand built one of a kind qualities. I really could care less if it will go from 0 to 60 in the blink of an eye and all the while surround you in ultimate luxury. Had I a spare million bucks, do think I could come up with of a lot of things I'd like more.

Posted on: 2010/8/7 21:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks, Gerd. That is the show but named Man Made instead of Ultimate Factories. Watch so many of that genre, they all run together.

Again, a really nice car but a little out of my price range this week.
They seem to be selling so I guess there must be enough sheiks, rock stars and the usual idle rich to keep the production line going. At a million a pop, guess it wouldn't take too many to turn a profit though.

Posted on: 2010/8/7 22:25
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved