Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
174 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 170

Sankie61, Stewart Ballard, 37Blanche, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic Previous Topic   Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Windshield Washer
Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
To Turbopacman:

from your post:

..."there should be some sort of cannister to put the washer fluid in, as well as either a vacuum motor or a foot operated pump to wash the windshield with."

The use of the word "should" is emphatic and unconditional, leaves no room for doubt. If it were replaced by "might " or "may" then it is conditional.

Please show me where I said you were the only correct source of knowledge regarding anything on Packard as you state I did. Back up your statement with facts, find me the quote as I found yours above. Play fair.

Now there are at least 2 new things for you to make correction.

I join forums to learn and share. Also to join in friendly discussion to correct matters which might be wrong. Everyones words and actions speak for themselves..
Fred Kanter

Posted on: 2010/11/15 0:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Where exactly are you supposed to put the fluid if there is no canister or container to put it in?

As for your second statement, if you can draw conclusions from my posts, I can draw conclusions from yours:

Quote:
YOur posts are stated most emphatically and authoritatively
and leave no room for doubt that you are 100% correct.

Meaning that if I'm 100% correct then I'm a correct source of knowledge, correct? For the record, I have never once claimed to be an authority on Packards of any year, but I've worked on enough to know my way around them and read enough manuals to know a couple of things about them. I just don't get all this hostility towards me in particular, you're really not doing a good job promoting your business on here if you ask me, more like the opposite.

Stop now, you're digging yourself too deep a hole.

Posted on: 2010/11/15 0:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
Posted by Turbopacman

. I stand by my statement that I will never buy anything from you again and I will tell others to do the same.

With nothing more than my correcting your posts and very conclusive showing that your authoratitive information is wrong, while you do not find time to correct yourself you do find time to tell people not to patronize my company.
Most revealing.

I can only presume that my giving correct information to fellow Packard owners has caused you to do this. You have not found us to be unreliable or any other valid consumer reason. Your telling them not to buy from us is more of an endorsement than anyone could ask for.

Fred Kanter
Kanter Auto Products

Posted on: 2010/11/15 1:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Look, all I've done is tell you that I was glad that you were on here and was glad that you're supplying parts to us who need them. All you've done is very blatantly called me a liar and an idiot, who doesn't know what he's talking about. Sure, I've been wrong on some things, but I've been right on others. There's no need to keep bashing me in nearly every post that you make, I just don't understand what you have against me, that's all.

As for my comments about stopping my support for you, put yourself in my shoes for a moment. When someone comes in here and continuously badgers you after you've done nothing but support them, you kinda get turned off to them. And if that someone happens to own a business, well then it turns you off to that business as well.

As for a "valid consumer reason", well, I'm still waiting on you to send me some parts to analyze to make that determination. Another reason would be based solely on your personality and attitude, which from what I'm gathering isn't the nicest I've ever seen. Must be a New Jersey thing.

When you first came on here, I thought "GREAT! Now we've got someone who can help us develop the parts we've been looking for, as well as give us pointers on things we've been wondering about". Turns out you're nothing but a damn big disappointment to me and a lot of others on here who were hoping for a little help instead of a lot of condescending remarks. Like I say, must be a New Jersey thing.

Posted on: 2010/11/15 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
Actually Fred, I never stated that my car officially came with a factory installed windshield washer. I said, "My car might have had that at one time, but not now." I would also like to ask you if your products are made and assembled in China or any other Asian country. I am not swayed by this, I just need to know what kind of quality I am getting from your products. I also would not like to see any disrespect from anyone who posts on any topics. That goes for everyone. Thank you.

Posted on: 2010/11/15 18:03
J.R. Buzzell

1949 23rd Series Deluxe Eight Touring Sedan
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=867

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
To: JR Buzz,

I believe the following is from the beginning of this topic and posted by you. If I have misinterpreted something let me know. It looks very clear by the information below that your car was originally equipped with washers from the factory.

Q
From Kenosha, WI, USA
Posts: 33 Alright, so I checked out the production slip on the top of the glovebox in my car and, after it was de-coded, saw that the car had a windshield washer and a radio vacuum antenna.

Yes some of our products are made and assembled in Asian countries. I'm glad you asked, as you can be assured that Kanter Auto chooses the best sources worldwide who are experienced in producing auto parts. We source in the USA, Turkey,England, Italy, Argentina, China , Taiwan, India, Maylasia and others. OPUr sources also produce Original Equipment for Toyota/Lexus, Mercedes, Caterpillar, GM, MOOG, TRW, Federal Mogul, Ford, Nissan adn dozens of other manufacturers.

There are poor manufacturers all over the world including the USA. What is most important is the specifications adn inspection of the purchasing company. We have a limite4d lifetime warrantee on everything in our catalog and our warrantee claims are nil. OUr 51 year reputation for honesty and quality speaks for itself.

I agree with you that this should be a nice place to communicate. If you lookk at my posts you will see that I have no tolerance for those who are not honest, forthright, or those who make glaring errors and won't own up to them.
This should be a place for learning, not a place for people to shoot off their mouth with mis/disinformation. Teh less knowledgable should, at the end of reading a topic, know more than when they started and not be filled with half-truths, speculation and downright wrong information.

Lets all join together to make this a good learning and sharing place. When I make a mistake, and I do, I own up to it, apologize, correct it and move on.

On Asian quality, we have sold well over 50,000 Asian made bearings....not one failure or quality problem, the same for pistons. Can't say the same for US made unfortunately.

Can you please tell me what you mean by "..I need to know what kind of quality I am getting from your products"

Fred Kanter
Kanter Auto Products

Posted on: 2010/11/15 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Frank
See User information
Note to all. I do not have a dog in this debate. However, I've got a little experience in helping people see things from the other persons perspective. To start, you have to have some understanding of the personalities involved. With Eric, he is known as a person who likes to help others in a fun jovial way. He reminds me of a young mustang that likes to enjoy life and play hard in the field. On occassion, he annoys the seasoned stallions but thats ok because he keeps things interesting and means no harm. Fred - you seem like a man who has worked really hard and has built a business that is very important to you. You take great pride in your work and also in helping others. You have a great business and many of us in this forum thank you for your great service to these wonderful cars that are both art and history. What I think occurred was a case of two people whose feelings were sincerely hurt. The result was some acting out or venting in this forum. I think that Fred feelings were hurt when he viewed his integrity as a person who has devoted his life to Packards came under question, I think Erics feelings were hurt when Fred went to straighten Eric out with his information. So let's step back and think about it. We have two guys who care alot about people and Packards. We have two guys with big hearts and feelings (and thats ok) we all do and if you didn't you wouldn't care. On a personal note, I wish I had 10% of the technical knowledge of both of you. So there is a lesson learned for all of us. Let's try to be sensitive to the feelings of others. If you have ever been married, you know what I mean. A simple comment like the coffee tastes bitter this morning could be interpreted like (so you don't like the way I make coffee anymore). I'm not saying we need to walk on eggshells but I am saying that we all come into interactions with others based on the experiences we have in the past and some of those experiences may drive us to act the way we do. Me - I like to see people who I like (and I like you both) not hurting each others feelings. It is clear from the tone of the exchange that this has occurred. It not always easy to admit this because we were brought up to be tough guys. BigKev - thank you for your patience with this forum. I know it must be frustrating for you at times because you make it clear that you want people to be "nice" in this forum. On a lighter note, Thanksgiving is around the corner and I want to say thank you for this forum, thank you for those who have provided me advice this year, and Fred thank you for helping to keep these great cars on the road. You guys are both smart so I'm sure you will figure out the way ahead. Thanks for listening and hopefully it will help - regard - Frank

Posted on: 2010/11/15 20:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
To Frank,

I sincerely thank you for taking the time and having the interest to comment on the "goings on". Your insight, while I do not agree with all of it, is accurate in many areas.

In particular I find this and other similar statements not only untrue but offensive and damaging to my company. I do not believe this falls in the category of humor or to be helpful to Packard collectors. Please give me your opinion

"DISCLAIMER: Be careful of certain "major" parts sellers, some parts may and usually will be cheap Chinese imitations... "

It is my belief that my company is the only one in the Packard field having parts manufactured in China, thus it applies to us only. If there are others, it is equally offensive. By the way, all major auto manufacturers in the USA and all major aftermarket parts manufacturers have parts made in China.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,
Fred Kanter

Posted on: 2010/11/15 23:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I find it offensive that people pay a 300% markup expecting a quality part and instead get something made in China. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Posted on: 2010/11/16 0:09

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Alright Gents...enough. Eric fix your Sig line.

Lets all move on to other more constructive things.

Posted on: 2010/11/16 0:31
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved