Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

Re: Power brake and standard trans.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
HH56 wrote Quote:
Anyway, just an exercise in possibility and option for someone who wants to keep a mostly original interior look. Don't expect there will be many takers.

You might be very surprised!

Craig

Posted on: 2011/1/16 21:55
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill
See User information
HH56,
Craig is right because if I am not able to sell my car at fair market value then I definitely will be interested.

Bill

Posted on: 2011/1/16 22:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
HH56,

I, like Craig, am very satisfied with the new brake system as installed. The required pedal pressure is satisfactory and can easily lock-up all 4 wheels. That is even with keeping the original drum brakes. The point at which the brake pedal normally stops the car is where I would expect it to be. Not too high, where the wheels suddenly lock-up, or too low, where there is not enough travel to actually stop the car. The pedal position is slightly lower, but it is easily adjusted to.

I'm no expert, as you can tell, but I would recommend the same equipment (7" dual diaphragm booster and dual-chambered m/c) and installation.

Posted on: 2011/1/18 12:27
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Howard, earlier you asked about clutch pedal measurements. I have a '55 Clipper with a manual shift transmission. I can take some measurements for you. What would you like for me to measure?

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/1/19 12:44
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks JW, would appeciate it.

What I am trying to do is come up with a bracket and linkage anyone wanting to replace a BTV with a modern power unit can build or have built and use modern without the need for interior pedal changes and the obvious modified look.

This is one version (changed some since photo) of the concept. I have a distance of 3 3/4 inches on the left clear and am wondering if the clutch will fit in that space as is so the bracket could be used for those cars with BTV and standard shift.

If I could get a measurement of the distance clutch pedal entry into floor is from the kickpanel on the left and the height it is from the approx 45 degree angle where floor changes to toeboard, it would give me an idea if this will work with no further changes.

Attach file:

jpg  (49.98 KB)
209_4d3733b78b34f.jpg 800X538 px

Posted on: 2011/1/19 14:01
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
In the left side of the pic is a crescent shaped bracket with a turquois wire loopty loo'ing thru it. what is it??? Ssomething that connects to the steering column?? Somekind a switch??

Posted on: 2011/1/19 14:43
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Mechanical brake light switch because I use silicone fluid.

Posted on: 2011/1/19 15:03
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Howard, will do.

(0o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/1/19 16:39
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
Thanks JW, would appeciate it.

...If I could get a measurement of the distance clutch pedal entry into floor is from the kickpanel on the left and the height it is from the approx 45 degree angle where floor changes to toeboard, it would give me an idea if this will work with no further changes.

Howard, finally got the '55 Clipper home and got a chance to take those measurements. The first measurement is 6.5" from the left kick panel to the left side of the pedal hole. The second measurement is 7.75" from the floorboard-toeboard angle to the bottom of the pedal hole. Please keep in mind mine is a converted car, but Ross used all Packard parts. I hope this will help.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/1/27 17:42
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
JW, Thanks much for the measurements. Am cleaning up the mount and they will be very helpful.

Posted on: 2011/1/27 23:26
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved