Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
237 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 236

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Compatibility Question about a fender on Ebay
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

mlavin73
See User information
I have a fender up for sale on Ebay - See auctionhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220761030782&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

I was told by a friend who helped me identify this and said that it went to a 1929 Standard 8 626. Someone posed the question "I'm not aware that there is anything unique about this fender to the 626. Isn't this the same fender to all the 6th series (and 7th too)". I went back to my friend and he said no it's not the same. I went back to the friend who helped me with the identification of the fender. He says they are not compatable but didn't say why. Does anyone on here know if they are compatable or not and why? Thanks.

Posted on: 2011/3/29 13:28
 Top  Print   

Re: Compatibility Question about a fender on Ebay
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I would say when in doubt consult the Parts List (Book). But unfortunately we do not have the 1928/1929 Parts List available on the website as of yet. Hopefully one will come along in the near future that is available for scanning.

Posted on: 2011/3/29 13:49
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

GREEN-ENGINE-BLOCK
See User information
this might be a stupid question. in the 1920s and 1930s, was there any interchangability of fenders and panels between differnt makes of cars? could a ford panel fit on a plymouth? could a plymouth panel go on a chevy? could a chevy panel go on a packard? a packard panel on a ...whatever????????

Posted on: 2011/3/29 16:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
IMHO, don't think there was much badge engineering then and with so many small companies each doing their thing to differentiate, doubt that much would interchange. In a lot of cases, even year to year or model to model on the same brand is a no go. Not to say with a tweak here or there something couldn't be made to bolt up but might have a line or crease not line up. Of course, some families of cars might have a junior sibling which shared some components. Mechanical items are another story and many mfgs used the same carb or starter or distributor or whatever. Maybe a cosmetic or spec difference but function and boltup would not be an issue.

Posted on: 2011/3/29 16:41
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved