Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
189 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 187

Peter Packard, moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

56 Carpet
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Is there any contact info for Neal Porter besides a phone number such as email or snail mail address? Anyone else selling his bulk carpet other than the sewn kit D. Heinmuller has?

Posted on: 2011/4/20 14:15
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 56 Carpet
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Neal Porter
2330 West Clarkston Rd
Lake Orion, Michigan 48362
810-693-1907

No email that I'm aware of.
No other outlet for his material other than bound kits by Dwight.

Posted on: 2011/4/20 14:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I purchased a carpet for my Caribbean thru Dwight. The sewing was so bad that I had to buy all new binding and my interior guy is going to redo it completely.

Posted on: 2011/4/20 19:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks for the contact info. I don't find anything decent locally that I like --just more cheap nylon loop which I already have.

FYI, Hirsch no longer sells kits for 56. He has 3 charcoal grays but only one with coloring that I think might look halfway correct. Not having anything to look at, could be wrong there but what I am thinking is proper almost matches the Maltese gray paint. Does that sound right?

Posted on: 2011/4/20 19:43
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Yes Howard, my Carib carpet complements the gray dash very well. The binding is a lighter shade of gray and goes well with the carpet.

Posted on: 2011/4/20 19:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Neal Porter:

nealporter39@gmail.com

Neal also sells completed sets with the rubber. Good luck.

Mike Grimes

Posted on: 2011/4/20 20:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I had a front carpet made at a local hick town upholstery shop about 10 years a go for my 56 Exec. $25 complete, installed it myself.

Green matches perfectly to protected areas under the rear seat. Only difference is that he used grey piping because he couldn't get tehe green piping. The pile of the carpet is a perfect match too.

Posted on: 2011/4/20 21:24
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
$25.00!!! Can barely walk in the door for that here--even 10 yrs ago. Wish I could find it locally but checking 3 shops, they all have the same sample page from the wholesaler. Cheap looking loop which is what's in the car now and a thin cut pile but the charcoal on both is too light for my liking.

I believe someone mentioned on an earlier post the original was cut nylon pile in the seniors, loop in the Exec and juniors. Hirsch sent a sample that I think may be close in color but not identified as to nylon or ?? and not sure of texture compared to what should be. Just has a number on the back and for some reason, not one of those mentioned or shown on his website so no other info on it yet. It's nice and could live with it but would like to have another option. Suspect the repro bulk will be megabux like the sewn set though. Have to decide whether a non original car that hardly leaves the garage needs a high priced carpet.

Posted on: 2011/4/20 22:23
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
I supplied Neal with several of the original samples of the 56 senior carpeting. I bought enough of the carpet for both of my cars. It is correct for 1956 senior only and is beautiful. This was a much needed project that Neal did and if you want an authentic carpet you should consider it while it is available.

Posted on: 2011/4/20 23:30
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved