Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
228 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 226

53 Cavalier, Packardbarry, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Fuel Lines
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

craig clawson
See User information
on our 1935 1205 super 8. the line goes up over the frame on the right side and was cut off. there is a rubber hose and hose clamp going to the fuel pump. but this is not right and was looking for the proper fittings. I am assuming that the hard line end was like a 5/16 brake line style male threads as max merritt has the flex hose and it looks to be a female swivel that connects to the hard line and male pipe threat going to the fuel pump. any one have pictures? or know what the treaded end is on the hard line on top of the frame?

Posted on: 2011/7/29 12:24
 Top  Print   

Re: Fuel Lines
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Dear Craig:

I believe the correct fitting is a referred to as a male coupling and it was soldered onto the fuel line.

You can confirm this by looking into the end of the fuel hose. If it is tapered and conical then it takes a coupling, if it has a round ring inside then it uses a flare.

The coupling one was soldered onto the fuel line and as soon as there was a problem they were cut off to facilitate patching. Repair will require a torch, some good flux, and a disconnected and cleared line from the tank to prevent fire. The surfaces must be super cleaned using sandpaper and prep sol otherwise solder will not stick which is a total fire hazard.

You will need to do some machine work on the fitting to make the whole thing work.

The flare set up is easier.

If too much line has been removed then extensions are in order which you can make using double flares or a whole new line.

Good luck.

Posted on: 2011/7/29 21:04
 Top  Print   

Re: Fuel Lines
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

craig clawson
See User information
thank you tim, this is a big help, have to wait and see what the fuel hose I get from max merritt is. is there any pictures available of this set up? I have scoured the internet looking, can find pictures of the flex line but none so far showing the coupling area.

Posted on: 2011/7/29 22:00
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved