Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
197 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 194

39Rollson, humanpotatohybrid, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 56 Convert on ebay
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
At a second glance, where is the stainless trim that covers the rockers and the other pieces that extend rearward from the fender skirts??
This thing is really beginning to smell.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 20:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

PackardV8 wrote:
No AC vents nor dash control??????

HH56. IIRC u have a 56 Carib conv. Your car has no such angled bar near the spare????? Any remenants of such a bar????

A convertible!! I wish. Mine is a hardtop.

AC was one of the questions because the hoses are cut off. With no vents, no place for a trunk unit figured it could only be a hang on but didn't see any holes for the hoses to go thru firewall... and don't think hang ons would have had the factory mufflers.

I believe someone here at one time said they had seen or thought there had been a convertible with trunk air but did not know what they did with the vents. A most interesting question. Also a rear seat speaker was another item that had been optioned on a convertible with no idea where it was placed.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 20:53
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
It will be interesting to see if it sells or not. Hopefully the new owner will join us here at PackardInfo.com

Yes, the car falls well short of a Pebblebrook or Meadowweed show winner but then again the description of the car, tho rather short, does not seem to make any misrepresentations:

"This particular car is a good running and driving example and is the subject of an older restoration. Paint has some discoloration and some minor cracking. Some of the chrome has minor pitting. Overall it is a very solid example of a very rare car."

THe 'very solid" description mite require closer inspection tho.

eBay has an 'ask the seller" feature.

However, i will have to agree with HH56, the car is only worth for starting bid of maybe $18K.

Either way, if the car sells i certainly hope the new owner will join us here at P'info.com.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 21:24
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Wonder if it sold, or did Packard info have something to do with;
"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

Posted on: 2011/7/28 12:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
I'm no expert on the '56's, but that sure doesn't look like an priginal back seat to me, and the quarter trim panels don't even look like they're from any Packard. The bottom cushion on the front seat looks funky too -- looks like a solid cushion, doesn't appear to be any individual driver and passenger cushions. And the front seat frame appears to be plated with bright chrome. Run, don't walk, away from this one as fast as you can...

Posted on: 2011/8/13 19:42
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved