Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 217

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

56 Convert on ebay
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is a 56 museum car on ebay. Caribbean Convertible

I'm not interested in buying but do have a question.

It's a nice looking car aside from a few things wrong or in less than spectacular condition. In my mind lots questionable for a restored museum car as this is advertised to be ---missing electrical grommets, no batwing air cleaner, hideous engine color and an AC compressor that appears to be a factory one with the two mufflers but cut off hoses and no AC unit or apparent holes for one that was ever installed anywhere for a few, but what is the angled bar thing in the trunk near the spare tire and was it there on all convertibles.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 17:20
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 56 Convert on ebay
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
The convertibles (1955-56) had an angled brace on the right side of the trunk to add a little more body integrity. The trunk interior like most of the car is totally incorrect and I would not want to spend the amount of money needed to correct all the previous "restoration" efforts.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 17:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks. Yes, lots wrong but a nice paint job if it doesn't all sit on bondo. I was trying to be diplomatic with all the things I could see that were questionable but haven't been around many convertibles so the bar was a new one.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 17:34
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
'Tis a shame the prior restoration missed so many details, some small, some not so small.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 17:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
That has to be the worst examples of a "restored" 55-56 Caribbean that I have ever seen. Looks like a "half-fast" attempt to add A/C was stillborn. I can only imagine the rest of the problems lurking below the surface. It would take a complete re-restoration to right all the wrongs.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 18:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
A friend of mine "sold" this many years ago and was never paid. He still has the title. For this and reasons already covered I'd stay away from it.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 18:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55clipper
See User information
At least it is probably a non-smokers car. No rear ashtrays. Dagmars appear to be pointed in a direction other than straight ahead. It may be the lighting, but the body looks like it is full of ripples. ugly color interior doesn't gowith exterior.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 20:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
I think more aptly it is fulll of ripppppppples.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 20:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Boy you guys are finding all kinds of other bad things. In addition to what I mentioned, I also saw some missing trim inside, some pieces held on by screws, a question if fabric on the other side of seat, a wrong antenna on one side that doesn't appear working, wrong nut on the other and maybe it is incorrect type too and then a few more things. Must admit to not seeing the ripples or paying much attention to the dagmars or lighters. By the time this critique is over, the car ought to be down to a third of asking price -- but being a Caribbean, there will probably be someone coming along just begging to be parted with his money.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 20:28
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
No AC vents nor dash control??????

HH56. IIRC u have a 56 Carib conv. Your car has no such angled bar near the spare????? Any remenants of such a bar????

Posted on: 2011/7/24 20:48
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved