Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
73 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 72

Don Shields, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1951 Patrician 400 Fuel Pump Mounting gasket
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

humer
See User information
I want to know the thickness of the fuel pump mount gasket #327807. I have an 0.028" and a 0.103" It seems that because of the relatively short stroke of the fuel pump lever and the angular engagement with the camshaft fuel pump cam, the gasket thickness may be important. As much effort was made to thermally isolate the fuel pump from the crankcase, the fuel pump is thermally isolated, so the thicker one might make more sense. (There is no metallic thermal path; the mounting bolts are thermally isolated. As use of metal lockwashers would normally be used, instead a nonmetal isolation flat washer (and bolt sleeves) are used. But the bolts may not stay tight, so the heads of the bolts have holes in them to wire them in place to prevent unloosening)

Posted on: 2011/11/2 19:31
 Top  Print   

Re: 1951 Patrician 400 Fuel Pump Mounting gasket
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
One I have out of an aftermarket rebuild kit is .025 and another from an NOS Packard engine overhaul set is .086. While there would be some change, I don't know if the variation would cause enough offset in the geometry to be of concern. Since you are going to the trouble to isolate, I think I would go with the thick one too.

Posted on: 2011/11/2 19:45
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved