Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
178 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 173

Packard Don, Todd W. White, Bob Supina, j41157, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Assuming that some day you pass away.....
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Being a Packard collector from a younger generation, I'm hoping that through venues like this, I can purchase a few more as time goes on. Still researching to determine what I want my second Packard to be, but I do know I want there to be at least a second!

As such, I second Richards motion!

Posted on: 2012/2/22 1:39
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
As a lawyer who tries to act so as to avoid being called a "sleazebag" who has handled a number of contested estate matters, I would recommend everyone do a Will giving their Packard or Packards to the person or persons of their choice. Currently under my Will my Packard would go to my Father, who would probably sell it like he did his two Packards he earlier owned.
Ken

Posted on: 2012/2/22 9:59
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
My plan is to outlive my car .

Tom

Posted on: 2012/2/22 14:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
My plan is to outlive my car .

+1

Posted on: 2012/2/22 17:21
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Let me think, we've got 302 days until the Mayan apocalypse, so maybe it'll happen all at once, mine and the Packards demise? I may just do a 'Thelma and Louise' and drive the car off a cliff.

If it's a Zombie apocalypse, I think I'll hold up in my Packard with enough food, water and ammo to survive it. Bouya!

Posted on: 2012/2/23 10:31
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

cdorsey
See User information
I'd have to agree with Richard and Ken. Being on the front side of building my collection, I plan to drive and share these amazing cars for the next 40-50 years. Been doing a good number of weddings lately and it's great to share the "Packard Experience" with others.

Hopefully your children or younger relatives will excitedly take over the care-taking of your baby, but if not, let me know and I would be glad to make sure it's preserved and enjoyed.

Posted on: 2012/2/26 15:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Kens53clip gives superb advice. However, after reading all of the posts in this thread i get the impression that u'all have somekind of crystal ball or some really dependable tarot cards for predictiing the future.

LEaving to kids is great but what about the kids future or even current spouse's attitude????? Financial/health disaster that mite strike any heirs during their ownership of the car or even before.

I can only hope that the future owner(s) of the car will enjoy it as much as i have and continue it's care and maintenance at least as good as i have.

The Will recommendation is a great idea. But all in all and in the end we are all subject to the following:

"A lousy gambler lives forever, but a good gambler dies young." Annonymous.

Take your pick.

Posted on: 2012/2/26 16:11
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved