Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
159 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 159

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Assuming that some day you pass away.....
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
what plans have you made (if any) for your car(s?)?

Why that instead of the alternatives?

Posted on: 2012/2/21 15:05
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Re: Assuming that some day you pass away.....
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
that reminds me i need a Will.

Posted on: 2012/2/21 15:47
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
My plan is to donate them, one to the Proving Grounds, one to the Warren museum. They can keep and display or resell as they wish.

Posted on: 2012/2/21 15:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
My 17 and 20 year old daughters have each laid claim to one.
Hopefully I finish the '37 One Twenty before my demise or we'll have to make a new plan

Posted on: 2012/2/21 16:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
No assuming allowed and rest assured...........one day we all will each leave this wonderful place. Family then will have to deal with or dispose our effects if we haven't had foresight to think about the inevitable. At this writing my bride retains all things, to use and dispose per her wishes. But then again...........maybe I can talk her into burying me in the trunk of the 400 somewhere special?

Posted on: 2012/2/21 17:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BlackBeerd
See User information
My 11, 10 and 7 year olds have already made the plans of who gets the Packard and who gets the Corvair. Then they informed me that I have to buy a third cool car so the other kid gets one too.

Posted on: 2012/2/21 17:44
1954 Clipper Super Touring Sedan -5462
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Right now, I'm sure my wife would send mine to the crusher!

Posted on: 2012/2/21 18:26
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
My plan is to have everything in cash and then have little of that left so that there is nothing to fight over.

I have been through a number of estate wars and they are so disgusting that I just finally told them to take their precious money and stuff it. The lawyers are complete sleazebags and degenerate scum. I can't even sit in the same room with that riff raff. At one time some sleazebag lawyer was trying to get my facsimile signature for a pile of bearer bonds. As far as I know they matured worrthless because I didn't let them have it.

Most people think they are going to take everything with them especially if it has been gotten through selfish means. It's as if having wills and trusts is a form of eternal life. The nation itself is becoming a dollar graveyard with all these foundations that live off of dead cash. Perhaps the most nauseating are the Gates and Buffet mausoleums of cash that operate for the benefit of lawyers and return nothing to the USA. If that is the best they can do with their money then getting it was the biggest waste of time I can imagine.

The primary beneficiaries of these plans always seems to be the lawyers so I would get rid of the stuff before I was too old to maintain it.

Posted on: 2012/2/21 18:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rich Bishop
See User information
Ok, so if anyone here would like their Packard to go to the home of a caring Packard Owner and lover, because there is no family member or other parties interested, my contact info is as follows:

Richard Bishop
3015 N. Van Buren Street
Wilmington, DE 19802
brich2929 at aol . com

I guarantee that any donation would stay in the Packard enthusiast family and be shown/used to further Propagate the Packard legacy.

Posted on: 2012/2/21 21:49
[color=0099FF]Respectfully,
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
My bride used to say she was going to throw the trains and me in the 400, weld the doors shut and bury the whole mess. She liked the records - didn't say what she would do with them.
I made provisions with the trains to auction them off.
The kids have no interest in owning the cars, so they would sell them off and split the money.
But it is a consideration as we get longer in the tooth.
I don't think I'll care, but then again...?

Posted on: 2012/2/21 23:00
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved