Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
212 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 212

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: "For the want of a pin......"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
I had my 38 carb rebuild from Daytona and when I got it back I didn't know whether to put it on the car or the mantel

Posted on: 2012/7/27 7:20
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Re: "For the want of a pin......"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Quote:

Phils38cpe wrote:
I had my 38 carb rebuild from Daytona and when I got it back I didn't know whether to put it on the car or the mantel

Going by the picture that Tobs posted of his 2brl, I see what you mean.

Got a call this morning from my guy saying that the car is good to go. Evidently, the leather plunger is working fine.

Now all I have to do is find a way out to Tualatin to pick it up. On Fridays and Mondays Owen and his 2nd in command take turns being there which means they have no way of delivering the car or picking me up. Unless I get lucky, I guess I'll have to wait until Tuesday to get my baby back.

I want to thank Packard V8, BH, Tim, O_D, Big Kev, Tobs, Phils38cpe and as ever: Howard for all the kind help, advise and encouragement you've given me throughout this little disaster. Hopefully, someday I can return the favors though for some of you, we'd all have to live into the next century for me to catch up.

As soon as I get my hands on my '55 and take the drive home, I'll let you know how it all came out.

If I can't get the car back until Tuesday, I have a '51 here that could use a little attention it's been deprived of since I first got the '55 out of the shop.

Thanks again all and have a great weekend.

Posted on: 2012/7/27 14:22
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved