Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
224 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 222

DavidM, DavidM, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'38 120 choke thermostat
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dennis Nielsen
See User information
Hello Flackmaster, hope you are well. I am busy restoring the EE-14 csrburettor that i got from you. all is going well. As the bowl section is from a '37 120 it did not have the passage for the internal link between choke plate and its piston. obviously the link was also missing. I have fabricated the link and drilled the passage. But this still leaves me short of the choke thermostat which sits in the exhaust manifold. Max Merritt has a 2nd hand one for $150, this seems to me a bit expensive and with postage even more so. I think that you had one for sale. Is it still available?
I think that I now appreciate your reservations about EE-14, as the choke piston can quite easily 'gum up' and then lead to a stuck choke. By moving this mechanism to the top as in the EE-16 this problem would be addressed, as would the oxidation of the thermostat itself. Be that as it may, I am still very happy to have got the right carburettor. Thanks.
Regadds, dnielsen.

Posted on: 2012/7/26 11:37
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved