Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
227 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 225

TxGoat, David Timberlake, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

engine color for 37 V12
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Ok, I don't have a V12 Packard, but got a nice old Entex 1/16 scale model of a 1937 V12 sedan in a garage sale yesterday. The kit is extremely well detailed and will be a good winter project. The question is what color should the engine be? It is cast in black plastic with silver heads at the moment. I didn't know if it should be green like my junior series (real size) Packards.

This is probably the closest I'll ever get to a V12!
thanks

Posted on: 2012/9/3 10:02
 Top  Print   

Re: engine color for 37 V12
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
David, the color should be Packard engine green. Got a photo of the model box and the unassembled parts?

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/9/3 10:17
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Thanks for the color guidance. The chassis is partially assembled. Not sure how long ago, but the can of spray paint cost 98 cents! The body color is black - the detail is great, but the body is not smooth. It will take some sanding to make it ready to spray. I plan on painting it as close as possible to Packard Blue.

Attach file:

jpg  (66.89 KB)
1679_50451f2079a66.jpg 1280X720 px

jpg  (95.45 KB)
1679_50451f384527d.jpg 1280X720 px

Posted on: 2012/9/3 16:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
David, very nice. At 1/16th scale, it is going to be a large model. This size should have a lot of detail that can't be included in smaller scales. Please post a photo when you are finished, or better yet - start a project blog.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/9/3 19:49
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved