Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
161 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 161

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

If I wrote an Opera about the last two months it would
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
be longer than the ring cycle.

Three weeks ago the car got a weekend pass from being slowly air conditioned.

After we replaced the starter I burned up, it was discovered that the carb needed to be rebuilt. New one went in Friday.

I took the car for a fillup, intending to go to lunch with friends.

About half a mile from the gas station the car died, as the result of an electrical failure. Captain hook trucked it to my normal garage, which had time to tell me only that the battery cable had shorted underneath the car.

Tomorrow I will go inspect it and start looking for a place in the poorhouse.

I am told that the battery cable to the starter should route through a positioning device apparently attached to the steering column which keeps the cable from hitting exhaust pipe.

I can't find this in the manual. Does anyone have a picture of this area so I know how it should go?

Naturally any helpful thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Posted on: 2012/9/3 19:51
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Re: If I wrote an Opera about the last two months it would
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You should have a clip on the top of steering box to hold the cable. It drops down from battery into the clip at the frame side then toward engine and slightly under the steering box and continues back to the starter solenoid. The side of clip toward dash is open and once cable is inserted, it can be mashed down slightly to hold cable in.

Attach file:

jpg  (41.06 KB)
209_5045533e3fe3e.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2012/9/3 20:03
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved