Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
61 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 60

Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: HUrricane Sandy
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Ole Book is OK also - talked with him for a bit.

Posted on: 2012/10/31 13:25
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Alvin14
See User information
South Jersey costal towns were hit very hard. Boardwalks, amusement piers ( ferris wheels, carusels etc) demolished.
Atlantic City pretty much under water.
I live about 60 miles west of the ocean.lost our power and had to stay at a motel. Back home now. Minor damage to the house, but PACKARD is fine!!
Much of the state still without power.

Posted on: 2012/10/31 15:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Has anyone checked up on Owen Dyneto.?? Kanters too??

Posted on: 2012/10/31 15:56
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rich Bishop
See User information
This message from earlier today, courtesy Kanter Facebook page:

Hello all. Back in to work today after the storm. We have a lot of catching up to do so if you plan on calling, ordering, or anything of the sort - Please be patient with us. We will be back up to speed in a day or two. We hope everyone made it through the storm okay. Oh and of course, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Posted on: 2012/10/31 16:09
[color=0099FF]Respectfully,
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Heard from O_D today for just a brief message before he got cut off again. As may be expected he is surviving albeit without any electric power.

Posted on: 2012/10/31 18:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Payne
See User information
Over here in good old Oz, we have our natural disasters too, but I can't recall anything as powerful as this one. Our thoughts and prayers to those affected and we hope you are back on your feet pretty soon. Think positive and keep your chins up, John

Posted on: 2012/11/1 1:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Talked with O_D tonight briefly and then was cut off.
A lot of the cellphone towers are not working down in NJ.
He said to tell everyone Hi and he is doing OK but roughing it and may be without electrical power for up to seventeen more days. With no internet or TV I imagine boredom sets in quickly.
Keep a good thought for all our fellow citizens on the eastern seaboard who have been devastated and subject to many dangers including falling temperatures with no heat.
Dave does have a wood stove and is putting it to good use.

Posted on: 2012/11/1 19:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Here in CO we just went though a scare with the Waldo Canyon fire and did w/o power for a few days. This during the summer, we didn't need heat, but lost a few pounds of freezer meat. Everyone who has been affected, please be safe and somehow let us know if we can help you.

Posted on: 2012/11/2 16:44
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hi all: Many thanks for your thoughts and concern. Although we were advised that we probably wouldn't have electric back for another 14-21 days it did come on last night (just in time for the Alabama/LSU game) so the return to normalcy starts. As I begin to see the damage to places like the Jersey shore, Staten Island and others with tens of thousands homeless, what I went thru hardly seems worthy of complaint; no bodily injury and no damage to the house or garage though one tree down and lots of yard debris to contend with. I was reasonably well prepared, lots of gasoline in both Packards had I needed it, plenty of kerosene for the lanterns, plenty of wood for the wood stove to keep warm, and we did continue to have potable water and gas for hot water and cooking. No phone of course and very spotty cell phone coverage for the first few days. Municipal buildings on generator backup allowed for phone recharging and one local supermarket also on it's own generator made for almost normal food shopping. Perhaps the biggest inconvenience was finding ice to keep food fresh, and learning to live between sunrise and sunset.

Still about a half-million without electric in NJ and with cold weather coming along, I can't even begin to grasp how folks with destroyed homes are going to cope.

Dave

Posted on: 2012/11/4 11:41
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Dave, You have certainly been in my thoughts these past few days and I am glad to know you survived this event relatively unscathed. We had an unusual torrential rain event here in Thunder Bay in May that left a few hundred homes flooded but by comparison it was a minor event.
I can't imagine the feeling of helplessness and loss of all those who lost loved ones and possessions.

Posted on: 2012/11/4 16:08

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved