Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
175 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 174

azpack400, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Will this puller work on my rear drums?
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
The puller in the first pic of the first post of this thread is what appears to me to be one of the cheaper more light duty models. These type, if used incorrectly, will break legs rather quickly usualy at the lug nut eye or at the very top of the leg.

Any of the pullers of this type should have the big scew tighted and then strike the end of the big screw real hard with a hammer and retighten. Then strike the wing of the striker that fits over the hex of the big screw. Repeat the process until the drum breaks free.

The secret to using these pullers is NOT to depend solely on the tightening on the big screw nor solely by striking the wing of the striker. It is the impact of of hitting the end of the big screw that shakes the taper free little by little as the big screw is alternately tightened and struck at the end with a hammer.

Tapers are not pulled apart. They are VIBRATED apart by impact blows either into the end of the shaft or the piece mounted on the shaft.

Posted on: 2008/6/16 22:23
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved