Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
193 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 190

TxGoat, BDeB, Bob Supina, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: what is a modern plug for 1928 533, 6 cyl?
Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
Packard V8,
I am sure Updraft, who raised the question will be pleased top know the source of correct plugs.
Strangely I can't recall anyone commenting on the fact that I have modern plugs with adpaters, unless you look closely they look the same as the 7/8" plugs so I will stay with them.
I don't know what the correct 7/8" plugs cost but I am sure they are more expensive than my 14mm ones. Still I would prefer to get the correct ones.
The internet and e-bay have made most things available regardless of where we live, This forum is an excellent source of information, like for example OD's posting of the Autolite site and the one you posted.
Most of the parts I needed for my projects had to be found before the internet , in my case I had a huge "wish list" and I found most of them on 2 trips to Hershey . Since then most of them have come up on e-bay.
I would like to raise something to argue about but can't think of anything off hand!

Posted on: 2012/11/19 3:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Updraft and DavidM,

Are the spark plug adapters in your engines made of brass or iron or steel or what??

Posted on: 2012/11/19 7:56
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
Packard V8, the adapters are made from steel.

Posted on: 2012/11/19 15:27
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved