Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
133 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1940 Delux 180 radio
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill Butterworth
See User information
Currently having the subject radio brought back to life. Sent the radio itself out but left the dial,station presets and control knobs in the dash. The radio now told plays but restore is looking for a solid state vibrator for durability. Anyone have any sources on this? Also,on the dash, assume the chrome knob on he left is the on/off volumn, the knob on the right does turn the station dial. What are the two black up and down switches one on either side of the dial? Also, how do the station presets work?
Thanks

Posted on: 2012/11/25 21:35
 Top  Print   

Re: 1940 Delux 180 radio
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here is one place for the solid state vibratorhttp://www.tubesandmore.com/products/radio_antique_equipment_parts_0?filters=Type%3DVibrators

The Pacific NW region of PI also has an exchange and conversion programhttp://www.packardsintnw.com/page6/page6.html

I believe the black switches are tone on one. The other may be either sensitivity or manual select.

Would you happen to know the number or model of your radio? If it has a motor which is operated by the buttons, I believe the buttons had to be adjusted down at the large box with a screwdriver once a particular button was pressed.

Posted on: 2012/11/25 23:17
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved