Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
198 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 196

Don B, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Interesting RHD 22nd series items & radio???
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There are some interesting items shown in a 22nd series RHD Australian car on the PAC site.

http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1936

The first post has a link to several outside photos. One shows what I would take to be a radio nicely mounted in the top of the dash but with a single knob and not the typical US frequency band. The regular radio spot is present but covered with the dummy plate.

Was wondering if that is a radio and the regular spot couldn't be used in RHD cars or if the regular Packard radio couldn't be used in Australia so one with different frequency and scale had to be used. If so, was it a Packard supplied item or someone went the aftermarket route.

If that is not a radio, what?????

Other interesting things are heater conversion and the wiper motor setup. Wiper appears to be electric with a mechanical linkage to the regular vacuum motor spot. I think the switch is still on the dash in the regular location behind the questioned item. Wonder if all those conversions were done as the cars were campaigned to RHD originally or after the fact. The wiper change is particularly interesting and simple.

Posted on: 2012/11/30 13:58
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved