Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
214 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 214

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

First Owners listing? - Pullman bodies?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bernie j
See User information
Good morning
I am reliably informed that during the teens and early 1920s Packard kept a register of first owners of new vehicles. Are these available? If so how can they be accessed, in particular I would be interested Single Six 126 cars for 1923.

A secondary question.
I have heard that original1920s Packard factory bodies with Aluminium panels referred to as "Pullman" is this correct or what defines a Pullman body.

Bj.

Posted on: 2013/1/12 17:40
 Top  Print   

Re: First Owners listing? - Pullman bodies?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Pullman bodies are those made by Pullman Palace Car Co. (later Pullman, Inc.), the same company that built and operated the famous rail car coaches. The only Packard bodies that I've read of that were made by Pullman were the 1st Series Single Six 116 closed cars. That may be it, or there may be more to it - I'd suggest a read of the Kimes book which has some info on this.

During at least the 30s and into the late 40s there was a card, similar to the Vehicle Unit Record Card but called a Vehicle Delivery Record, that dealers were to have filled out with the purchaser's name, address, occupation, sale price and trade in if applicable. Copy No. 5 was for the dealer records and I assume the other copies went to the Zone and Detroit offices. How long this was in practice for I don't know, and how religious the dealers were about doing it is another question. What the Zone or factory did with them is unknown to me. I have copies of a couple of dozen of these cards from just one dealer in the midwest for the late 40s; these are from a private collection and I'll have to ask the owner if he'll give me permission to post one here.

Posted on: 2013/1/12 18:27
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved