Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
226 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 226

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

55 Deluxe 4 door numbers
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tom Still
See User information
I finely unburied the 55 far enough to read the various numbers.
Theft Proof; 042309
VIN & Engine; 5522-8855
Paint; JV
Trim; 11

There is a 54 Henny long wheelbase hearse in a storage lot nearby. I attempted to get numbers and pictures but was thwarted by a rather imposing lady with a European accent who barred the driveway. No amount of cajoling, begging or pleading swayed her so I will have to gain entrance some other way. I don't give up easily.
There is also a 42 - 47 parked behind 50, 60 boats in a yard about 7-8 miles away. I'll try for those numbers also.

Happy Packarding, Tom

Posted on: 2013/1/19 18:49
 Top  Print   

Re: 55 Deluxe 4 door numbers
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Tom, thanks so much for the numbers. I think if you take a really close look at the thief-proof number you'll see the first character is almost certainly a "D". The dies were clearly wearing out and the later the vehicle, the harder it gets to see. But I'll bet if you look real closely, the left hand side of the character will terminate top and bottom in a right angle, and the right-hand sides are curved.

I'd love to see the #s from the 54 Henney but don't read about some old frau chasing you out with a shotgun!

Posted on: 2013/1/19 18:58
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved