Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
217 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 214

humanpotatohybrid, Kevin, ScottG, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: What color is my car?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I agree with Gator. My modern car got hit in the rear by a drunk and the paint is falling off.

You might consider dropping the headliner and putting insulation up there the same way they did with Air Conditioned Cars. Modern cars don't have the space, but the Packard should. Packard used a foil embossed package similar to a water heater.

You also want to make sure your underhood ducts aren't broken and sucking motor heat into the passenger compartment.

Posted on: 2013/3/31 10:00
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

1968lew
See User information
Tim, that is an excellent idea! I would never have thought of insulating the top. Now that you mention it, I have read quite a few reviews from folks using a Home Depot product to insulate and sound proof car doors and floors and the like. It's an adhesive backed shiny coated bubble wrap stuff, IIRC, and they say it works wonderfully.

Posted on: 2013/4/1 20:53
1952 Packard 200
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

1968lew
See User information
Oh, we won't be changing the color. Love the color it is, whatever it is.

Posted on: 2013/4/1 20:54
1952 Packard 200
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved