Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 167

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Torsion Level Adjustmemnt
Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
After putting in new solonoids and limit switches and rewiring the compensator motor, the leveling mechanism on my 56 Patrician works just fine. The rear is too low after self leveling is complete. Is there any way to adjust it?

Thanks,
Bernardi

Posted on: 2013/4/26 23:43
 Top  Print   

Re: Torsion Level Adjustmemnt
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
That is easily adjusted at the turnbuckle that connects the torsion bar to the control box. Loosen the locknuts and turn it ccw, as viewed from the outside of the car.

Its not the easiest to do with the car on the ground but otherwise you'll end up jacking the car ten times before you get the adjustment just right.

Posted on: 2013/4/27 4:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Hopefully rear skirts bisect the octagon when level. If it sits as low as mine did when the avatar pic was taken, you could use 4 ring (most likely) links in the front......

Posted on: 2013/4/27 16:50
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
Thank you, Ross. I'll try that before fiddling with the front links. Thank you, Pat, for another approach.

Thank heavens for this site!

Bernardi

Posted on: 2013/4/27 19:26
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved