Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
224 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 224

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Window motor service
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
I searched this site for advice on servicing the window motors, and found this thread;

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=10078&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=10

I took from it.

Clean the grease out of the gearbox.
What grease do you use to put back?

Put a support bushing on the shaft.
I never saw the Bob Aller bushing, what did he use? Is there someone else doing this now?

Any other mechanical maintenance to do?
Would you use the same grease in th gearbox on the window lift linkages?
Check the glass edge and channel for smooth up and down motion.

Other than putting power to the electric motor, any maintenance to the motor? Are there any other checks that should be performed?

Posted on: 2013/5/2 11:57
 Top  Print   

Re: Window motor service
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I can't help you with all your questions but of course electric DC motors do have other maintenance needs, so I'd check the brushes and commutator and see if the other bushings/bearings need a little lubrication. As to grease for the gears, I'd use something light like "white grease" sold by Lubriplate, Pennzoil, and many others. The same grease would be good for window linkages, pivots, wiper pivots, door latches, and other such applications. A very handy grease to have around and a 1-lb can should last you a lifetime.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 12:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
if your not in a hurry, check out lubriplate web site, they have a moly, type, the 630AA dry's out,

you should be able to get it at a bearing place, kman in my area carries lubriplate

here is one I use,, mo-lith,, part no. lo180-098, I think they have the white too, but I like mo-lith

Posted on: 2013/5/2 14:55
Riki
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
I also use that Prolong engine treatment stuff, coat the shaft bearing etc,, I even mix it with the grease ,

My model trains get oiled with it,, you can hear the rpms go up,, no joke,,

my engine and trans will be put together with it too,, valve bodies etc,,,

Posted on: 2013/5/2 15:03
Riki
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved