Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
231 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 229

Ozstatman, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Using Chevy headers on a L8
Home away from home
Home away from home

Anthony Pallett
See User information
Steve, I don't know that I understood you correctly but a 727 Chrysler trans will bolt to a Packard L8?

Posted on: 2014/5/8 1:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Quote:

packard1984 wrote:
Steve, I don't know that I understood you correctly but a 727 Chrysler trans will bolt to a Packard L8?

No, not directly. You would need the "Ultra-Torq" conversion kit that is supplied by Sierra Grove Packards.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 10:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
sierra grove packards is now out of buisness but other people make conversion plates ,i usedthe sierra grove plate to go straight to a chrysler 518 as many swap 727's to 518's to tget the over drive .theres two solenoids that you have on the 518
a lock out for the torque converter and an overdrive solenoid ,theyre 12 volt neg ground so theres a decision to make about 6v ,being a fool i keep the 6v and found a coversion module to allow 12 v neg ground solinoids to be used, so the low draw solenoids ll be fine ,I have an isolator switch and use a 6 v heavy forklift battery
ive had to relieve the floor pan hump over the transmission as the bell housing ended up being to o tall ,and had to channel out the massive packard x brace ,have to shorten the shaft 3 1/2 inches
soonill have a overdrive automatic 52 packard to drive forever !

Posted on: 2014/6/12 22:12
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved