Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 162

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Cleaning pre-war engine ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
What is a good but fairly quick way to clean just normal grime off a pre-war 8? It's not terrible but could stand a nice clean up to look more presentable. I'm referring to just the engine.

Posted on: 2013/6/30 19:15
 Top  Print   

Re: Cleaning pre-war engine ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dale Rhinehart
See User information
I go to the Motor Cycle shop and get "Bike Brite" it is great. Spray it on a Cold motor. Let is sit for about 2-3 minutes. Hose it off with warm water. Just cover the gen and volt reg. It is biodegradable, wont hurt paint or wires. No brushing or scribing at all. I have use it many times on all my equip. Farm tractor Harley, cars and my 2012 truck. When you are done wipe the water from the plug areas and let the motor dry. Use an air hose to blow the water off, and in about an hour fire her up.

Posted on: 2013/6/30 22:01
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved