Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
26 user(s) are online (20 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 26

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Packard blanket
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Lap robes as the listing appeared in my 1916 Earle C. Anthony Packard Accessories folder. Price ranged from $9 to $30... a lot of money for those days. Fabrics and patterns varied widely.

As for robe rails on the 1956 Caribbeans, they were certainly planned to be on these cars. And they were a nice design. A few very early pilot vehicle seats were actually made. These seats featured an extruded aluminum bar on the seatbacks. But as a safety measure for rear-seat passenger heads (Ford had the heat on in a big safety program at the time), these were quickly deleted from 1956 Caribbean seatbacks. And that was that.

Attach file:

jpg  1916ECAaccessoriesLeeedy.jpg (207.19 KB)
1249_60ce40a1bef79.jpg 1920X811 px

Posted on: 2021/6/19 14:14
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Rob Shingle
See User information
Yes there are lap robe belts in our '54 Caribbean but they seem silly in a convertible to me, but look stylish! They look totally appropriate in our '29.

Attach file:

jpeg  IMG_4910.jpeg (20.66 KB)
206784_60ce5caa65d94.jpeg 300X225 px

Posted on: 2021/6/19 16:07
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mechagon
See User information
I wonder when the last American car to have lap robe cords/rails was. I had a 1957 Oldsmobile which still had a cord although the new heater they had that year was easily one of the best of any car I've owned new or old and made a lap robe pretty pointless.

Posted on: 2021/6/20 13:47
Alberta - Canada
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved