Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 161

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Stromberg EE-14 Carburettor
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dennis Nielsen
See User information
Hello All. I have finally mastered the workings of the EE-14 carburettor and its choke operating thermostat. The carburettor that I got from Flackmaster had the middle section without the passage to accommodate the link between the choke- piston and the choke butterfly as well as the link itself. I thus had to drill the passage[ This middle section probably came from an EE-16] and make a link. I soon discovered that the length of this link is of critical importance, but fortunately had made it so that it could be adjusted within narrow limits. If it too long then once the engine is hot the choke-piston's position interferes with the idling mixture strength. If too short, then the choke butterfly does not open fully and this leads to a rich mixture overall. Now that this is all correct the engine runs sweetly.
I have also made a small number of the choke thermostats.These are a copy of an original with all new materials. Should any member be interested in this item, please contact me.
Regards.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 11:25
 Top  Print   

Re: Stromberg EE-14 Carburettor
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rvsls
See User information
I am impressed with your efforts to make the auto choke work properly. I gave up! Instead, I made an adaptor to allow my Throttle control cable to be hooked up to the choke mechanism on the carb and disconnected the linkage to the thermostat.

I had no use for the throttle as I do not drive the car in the winter and really do not need a choke except to start the car when cold so the modified throttle/choke linkage works out great for me.

Rod

Posted on: 2013/7/29 22:42
 Top  Print   

Re: Stromberg EE-14 Carburettor
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dennis Nielsen
See User information
Hello, When I got the car it had a Carter carburettor with the choke connected the way you describe. Having done so much work on the rest of the car, I decided to go all the way
Regards, Dennis

Posted on: 2013/7/31 7:39
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved