Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
206 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 205

moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Clipper style side opening hood props
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The 47 appears to have used a natural color galvanized bar although mine being rusty & with overspray it's kind of hard to be sure. The repro 22-23 series bars Motor City sells are a creme color. That may just be a primer or was that the actual color used on those models.

I've elected use the repro bars on the 47 and do the double prop like a few others have done. With the dark blue car am thinking the creme is kind of in your face and looks out of place. I can live with it if correct but if not, would like to prepare them and bolt in just once. Is there is a general idea on how the hood props were treated by the factory? Natural or body color or something else is the question. The photos I have seem to be a mix.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 15:01
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Clipper style side opening hood props
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Original 22nd & 23rd Series hood props had a plated finish. Could have been cadmium or zinc.
Different part number than the 21st Series due to a slight bend at the outer end instead of being straight.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 15:57
 Top  Print   

Re: Clipper style side opening hood props
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Mine is currently painted black. Underneath the paint appears to be plated, possibly zinc.
Question though, anybody tried using the 22-23rd prop on a 21st?

Posted on: 2013/8/6 20:25
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved