Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
156 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 154

Leeedy, HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

41 throttle control linkage
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan Marrin
See User information
The recent thread regarding the throttle control put me into the mood to see why mine's not working on my 41 Rollson. Could any one show me a close up photo of where the end of the hand throttle control cable connects to the foot feed linkage on the fire wall? I can see where my cable (whisch was disconnected) is supposed to be anchored and conneceted but it seems that some componenets may have been bent in the past and I want to see what one looks like that is funcioning correctly. Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 10:48
Dan Marrin
Summers; Breezy Point, MN, Winters; The Villages, FL
'48 Sup8 conv, '48 Sup8Del LWB sed, '58 Hawk.
 Top  Print   

Re: 41 throttle control linkage
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Maybe these from parts manual would be of help until someone can supply you with real pictures.

Attach file:

jpg  (36.45 KB)
209_4887578e1a277.jpg 800X543 px

jpg  (48.19 KB)
209_488757accf279.jpg 800X557 px

Posted on: 2008/7/23 11:10
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan Marrin
See User information
HH56:

Thanks so much for posting the parts pages related to this linkage. I was able to print the 1st image at good detail, but for some reson the 2nd image would not open to be enlarged and printed? Still not sure just how those little parts are supposed to be lined up, so a close-up photo would still be most helpful.

Thanks again,

Posted on: 2008/7/23 21:47
Dan Marrin
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Wish I could help with a real picture but oldest car I have is a 47 and that doesn't have the throttle control.

Not sure why the second pic won't open for you--it does for me--but may not be that much help anyway.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 21:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim Kavanagh
See User information
PackarDan;
I have a '41 120 that apparently has this option. If you can tell me about where to look for the linkage, I will snap a shot tonight. I don't know if it would be the same since we have different models, but it might help (assuming mine is hooked up.)

Posted on: 2008/7/24 11:45
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan Marrin
See User information
41 Touring:

Thanks for the reply and offer to help. The end of the hand throttle cable interfaces with the foot feed linkage on the passenger side of the firewall. With the passenger side engine access open, just follow the throttle linkage from the carb back to the firewall; your cable, if similar to mine, should be coming down from about the top center of the firewall and connecting to the linkage at this point.

As always, ant visual help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the delayed response, I have been in transit from MN to WV, where I am just seeing my 1940 120 for the 1st time; it also has a throttle control on the dash, so I might be able to answer my own question, provided that the 1940 120 has the same setup as my 1941 160.

Posted on: 2008/7/26 8:46
Dan Marrin
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim Kavanagh
See User information
Hi Dan;

Don't know if you saw my latest post. But it turns out that I don't have a hand throttle at all, it is an electric clutch. i figured this out trying to take pictures of the set up for you. I began to get suspicious when the cable attached to the clutch!
Hope someone has an example for you!

Jim

Posted on: 2008/7/29 16:08
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dan Marrin
See User information
41 Touring:

Thanks again for trying to help; I hope you get your electromatic clutch up and running properly. As luck would have it, my 1940 120 also has the hand throttle on the dash, and I was able to get it working and have taken some photos to help me understand how my 1941 Rollson should operate; They look to be similar set-ups.

I'm heading back to MN tomorrow and will try to apply some of the knowledge I gleaned from the 1940.

Posted on: 2008/7/30 19:19
Dan Marrin
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved