Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
234 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 234

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1934 Packard V12 Speedometer
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I'd honestly prefer that, as I really wouldn't have a way to attach a tach cable to the later '50 distributor. Now the question is, does anyone have one of these they'd like to sell me? It doesn't have to be concourse perfect, but at least restorable. I imagine they're as rare as hen's teeth though.

OR, is it as simple as finding a faceplate and putting it into a regular speedometer? Here's a Packard 8 speedo, courtesy the internet or 34Packardroadsta, I can't remember which:

Attach file:

jpg  (32.22 KB)
34_4889743e54c65.jpg 800X532 px

Posted on: 2008/7/25 1:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
.......what you need to do is put on your loud golf pants and your red CCCA cap and walk into a Packard vendor's booth at a big swap meet and bellow "where are all the '34 Twelve parts" then when the hard working vendor temporarily ignores the customer he was waiting on to inform you that they really don't have much for those cars you make the stinky face and sulk out.

Posted on: 2008/7/25 11:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Ahh, story of my life, no golf pants, no CCCA hat, no speedomoter...! LOL!

Posted on: 2008/7/25 13:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Quote:

MrPushbutton wrote:
.......what you need to do is put on your loud golf pants and your red CCCA cap and walk into a Packard vendor's booth at a big swap meet and bellow "where are all the '34 Twelve parts" then when the hard working vendor temporarily ignores the customer he was waiting on to inform you that they really don't have much for those cars you make the stinky face and sulk out.

Priceless and oh so true as long as the golf pants are bright green!

Posted on: 2008/7/25 13:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Eric,

I may have an extra speedometer for my super-eight. The photo you have is of the one installed post restoration of the face. I am pretty sure I got an extra for parts if they were needed. They weren't. Send me a pm if you are interested.

Tom

Posted on: 2008/7/27 13:55
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved