Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
242 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 242

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1940 110 Sway bar links?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
My 48 Custom 8 was a very early car and these had a number of carryover items from the 21st series; in mine in particular it had the 21st Series style front sway bar and my links were also worn out. I did exactly as "dallas" did and just fitted a 22nd Series bar and links. No mods needed, a simple direct interchange.

Posted on: 2013/10/1 14:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Yes, Dallas had a very good idea there - put a 1948 part (with the "modernized" Packard design) on an earlier car. Basically, that updated design is exactly what I would be doing with my replacement sway bar. And the beauty is that the links are easily replaceable along with any rubber donuts as become hard and brittle.

Unfortunately, there is not a 1948 part that will fit the 1940-41-42 senior and junior Packards or I would be doing what Dallas did. Thus the need to make a full, replacement assembly.

Posted on: 2013/10/1 15:24
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
As Owen and Dallas suggested, I am trying to replace the bar on my 2106 with later series bar with eyelet ends.

The old bar, still mounted, has a bend in the center apparently to clear the center radiator (?) bracket.
The replacement, shown on the ground below, is straight in the center. I don't see how it will clear that center bracket.

Comments anyone?

Thanks

Attach file:

jpg  (82.88 KB)
4217_52a3d76f039df.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2013/12/7 21:20
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved