Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
193 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 192

Don Shields, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Windscreen wipers do not work. Packard 1937
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

mirek
See User information
windscreen wipers do not work. what is to be a vacuum in the intake manifold? I have a 0.6 bar if this is correct? (I think that good) is another question pociśnienie is the same as measured in the intake manifold. and a vacuum pump. the pump should strengthen a vacuum? Vacuum is to be increased?

Posted on: 2013/10/9 13:00
 Top  Print   

Re: Windscreen wipers do not work. Packard 1937
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

mirek
See User information
podcisnienie = vacuum

Posted on: 2013/10/9 13:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If my conversion is right, 0.6 bar is about 17 inches of mercury so that should be good.

The vacuum pump does not increase that amount. It is in series with the manifold source and the way it's valves work, can take over and provide some vacuum if the manifold supply is low. That might happen when the engine is under heavy load or the throttle is open a large amount. The pump provides enough to keep the wipers operating but usually at a slower speed.

If the wiper motor is original, it has probably never seen much attention. After almost 80 years there is a good chance gaskets and parts inside have dried and can no longer provide a tight enough seal to operate. It probably needs to be rebuilt.

There is a place herehttp://www.wiperman.com/ that does good work but I can't offer any suggestions for Poland. As far as I know, rebuild kits are only part of the rebuild and not available to buy to do the work yourself. Some have had some luck taking it apart to clean and lubricate but if parts are worn, that would not be a guarantee.

Posted on: 2013/10/9 13:21
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

mirek
See User information
thank you. stripped cleaned rubbed on the table worked but the wiper resistance does not want to. I'll have to buy a new wiper motor but first try to build in electric vacuum pump

Posted on: 2013/10/9 14:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If the motor works on the table but not on the car then the motor is probably worn and the seals are leaking. If it is, I do not think buying a new electric vacuum pump will help very much.

Posted on: 2013/10/9 15:04
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved