Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
208 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 208

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Does any one know what's missing or what goes here?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

53packar
See User information
Has any one ever put like a holly or something on these cars? I don't really want to do that but I have winter and snow coming really fast and need this thing mobile ASAP to get it around and in garage and what not!

Posted on: 2013/10/10 9:10
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

53packar
See User information
Also thank you for the help! Any one have these parts or carb laying around by chance?

Posted on: 2013/10/10 9:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I have winter and snow coming really fast and need this thing mobile ASAP to get it around and in garage and what not!

Shouldn't be a problem that 15 minutes won't fix. Plug the vacuum holes and connect the two wires to a temporary push button switch.

Posted on: 2013/10/10 9:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You might be able to get some rubber stoppers or corks at the hardware store to use for temp plugs. Is the throttle shaft and parts present? There looks to be a hole on the side where I believe shaft should be coming thru.

Posted on: 2013/10/10 9:37
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

53packar
See User information
Ya all the stuff is there I'm not sure if the check ball is in there but shaft and and the cam portion that twists in there is there, now what I'm not sure of is there is the hole where the switch mounts into and then at the other end there is a open hole that doesn't have screw holes and it's not threaded so what would go there?

Posted on: 2013/10/10 10:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Someone will need to check me on that particular carb but from your description, I believe it is just a small round press in screen to keep out large debris particles.

Once car starts and vacuum is present, the hole and screen provides air flow so the vacuum can pull the ball into it's resting place. Once ball is "home" it blocks the passage and no more air will flow. When the engine stops, vacuum goes away and lets the ball drop into position for the next start.

Posted on: 2013/10/10 11:19
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

53packar
See User information
You guys are awesome! Thank you for the help guys you have been a lot of help please feel free to continue the info!

Posted on: 2013/10/10 11:30
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

53packar
See User information
Wait. . . If there is a check ball the closes off the passage how is there a vacuum leak even if the switch is missing?

Posted on: 2013/10/10 11:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The ball is not really a check ball as it's primary purpose. It will check if it is working properly, but is actually the activation for the switch. Without the rest of the switch components to hold it in the proper position, it would most likely roll away from it's passage. If that happens the vacuum can't pull it into position to block flow.

Posted on: 2013/10/10 12:20
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

53packar
See User information
Weird. . . Does any one know why they wanted this over complicated little system? Instead of an easier one that got rid of all this extra stuff?

Posted on: 2013/10/10 14:33
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved