Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
230 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 229

Paul E. Gallagher, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Oil pump gears - Fuggadeboudit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
I've got a box of NOS oil pump gears. They're dimensionally close to the V8 gears, but the drive shaft is shorter, a thou smaller in diameter and has a female slot where the V8 gears are the opposite.

Click to see original Image in a new window

These turned out to be '56-58 Cadillac 365" oil pump gears from Melling K58 rebuild kits. Who's the '50s Cadillac major rebuilder? I'd make him a heckuva deal.

jack vines

Posted on: 2013/11/5 17:58
 Top  Print   

Re: Oil pump gears - can anyon post a photo?
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
The 1951-54 parts list has a pretty good exploded view illustration that is typical for the 1935-39 Juniors and all other models from 1940 to 1954.

There is no slot in the drive shaft, just a drilled hole for a taper pin that holds the gear.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 18:22
 Top  Print   

Re: Oil pump gears - can anyon post a photo?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Thanks. The top of the drive shaft is forked to be driven by a blade intermediate shaft. And yes, the gear is pinned to the shaft.

jack vines

Posted on: 2013/11/5 19:17
 Top  Print   

Re: Oil pump gears - Are these I8?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Photos posted

Posted on: 2013/11/7 14:40
 Top  Print   

Re: Oil pump gears - Fuggadeboudit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Wonder why this Packard rebuilder had all those '56-58 Cadillac gears? They are the same externally and the Packard shafts can be made to fit the Cad gears, but only with way to much machine and bench time.

I can't see any way they are a good source for us, so I'm looking for a Cadillac specialty shop.

jack vines

Posted on: 2013/11/9 14:41
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved