Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
221 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 220

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Trans mount and clutch spring
Home away from home
Home away from home

bigmoparjeff
See User information
Here's my latest round of questions for the 22-23 experts.

I just installed a new rear trans mount, and with the original shims in place I still have over 1/8" gap. Should I make up more shims to take up the space? I'm going to assume that the new mount is shorter than the old one, which I sent in as a core so I can't compare the two. I re-used the original mounts that were on the sides of the trans, so it should be sitting in the same place as before.

Any tips on tensioning the big spring on the clutch linkage?

Thanks, Jeff

Attach file:

jpg  (65.08 KB)
5012_52828805571bb.jpg 950X713 px

jpg  (90.31 KB)
5012_52828819d5c7d.jpg 950X713 px

Posted on: 2013/11/12 14:57
 Top  Print   

Re: Trans mount and clutch spring
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You might check the parts book to see if the clutch spring is the same with and without Electromatic. My 22nd series had Electromatic and I was always quite surprised at how light the clutch pedal was. Without thinking about it too much, it seems that all you need is enough tension to insure that the clutch pedal fully returns to the "at rest" position, I don't see that any more tension accomplishes anything positive other than perhaps a "feel" that the driver likes.

Posted on: 2013/11/12 15:07
 Top  Print   

Re: Trans mount and clutch spring
Home away from home
Home away from home

bigmoparjeff
See User information
I do have the Electromatic clutch, and the first thing that popped into my head when I pushed in the clutch was " Boy, that's a light clutch. I wonder if it's supposed to be that way". You've put my mind at ease on that one. Sounds like I'm on the right track with the way I have it assembled.

Jeff

Posted on: 2013/11/12 15:21
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved