Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
192 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 191

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: 1940 Super 8 180
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
I really like the 1940 180 and it's look & engine but I think you guy's have just about talked me out of this one--haha. Seriously, I appreciate your help and skillful insight.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 14:55
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bob Gleason
See User information
In your shoes, I would have a respected period appraiser look at it, might be the best couple of hundred dollars you spend and not the worst thousands you would regret later.

If everything does work out, you have the car of your dreams at the price you want to pay.

Bob

Posted on: 2014/1/27 20:43
1937 Packard Six 115-C Touring Sedan
Built in Windsor, ON Canada
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
I agree with Bob - get a good appraiser and see if you can reach a reasonable deal with the seller. It isn't a Pebble Beach model, but that's not what you want for a fun car to drive. I've never had a perfect antique car, but I've had lots of fun in the many old cars I've been privileged to drive. The 180 is a fine automobile, and the little dings let you drive it without sweating a bit of road rash.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 20:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2014/2/1 10:11
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved