Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 158

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Hood Lace on '28 526
Home away from home
Home away from home

rrhorton
See User information
I have purchased the hood lace and rivets for my radiator shroud. From the photo, you can see that there are rivets on each side of the shroud radiator attach screw holes. The screw is recessed on the shroud and the radiator shroud attach tabs sometimes partially obscure a rivet hole. How does the lace attach? Do you start and stop the lace at the rivet hole leaving the attach screws open, or install one rivet then the attach screw and work your way around? If the attach screw is covered, how do you remove the shroud if need be. I just can't figure it out. Help!

Attach file:

jpg  (20.67 KB)
4951_52f51cb23666d.jpg 478X640 px

jpg  (14.45 KB)
4951_52f51cc8952b8.jpg 478X640 px

Posted on: 2014/2/7 12:50
 Top  Print   

Re: Hood Lace on '28 526
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dave Munger
See User information
rrhorton,
Years ago I had a 526 Packard; I had the shell refinished ( chrome, not really correct ?)
The hood lace was secured by a split type brass rivet, remove the rivets on each side of the screws & pull the lace out of the way.
Hope this helps.
Packard 385

Posted on: 2014/2/7 16:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
if u post your phone # and u have a phone that will except them i will send u several pictures tomorrow of my 526 and will look at what was used. as i remember it has some screws and some rivets. dell

Posted on: 2014/2/7 20:03

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

rrhorton
See User information
I did not have a radiator or shell when I acquired the boxes of parts that somewhat equaled a car. Thus I was not able to see the installation. I purchased a rusted shell and had it refinished. 5 copper platings to smooth out the rust and pitting before the nickle plating. I had a reproduction radiator made by The Brassworks in California based on an original one they had in their shop. I am now in the process of putting it all back together so need the knowledge of how to install the shell and windlace.

Posted on: 2014/2/7 23:23
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved